Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What Luck!

We had a really fun day today... the weather again wasn't the best this morning and Ellie and I got SOAKED on a walk to the library. Ellie kept saying, "Mommy, brella, brella, Mommy!" She didn't seem satisfied that I didn't think to bring an umbrella and pointed out my mistake at least 10 times on our rain-drenched trek home!

We were so excited to discover on Sunday that this week happens to be "Boston Restaurant Week"... what luck! Basically the deal with Restaurant Week is that you can go to almost any restaurant in Boston and this week only get appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert for a fixed price (that is much lower than what you would normally pay). Most of the restaurants offered only specific selections that applied to the RW deal, but still they had some really yummy things to choose from!

We got a recommendation to try this place right here in Cambridge called Henrietta's Table , and it was SO GOOD! It was nice enough for us to eat outside and the restaurant is located in the courtyard of a really neat hotel right across from Harvard Square. The website said it was "Honest to Goodness New England Cooking" and after we got there we learned that all of their ingredients are grown w/in a 100 mile radius. Here's what we ordered: (warning, unless you love food as much as I do, you will probably find this very boring, so skip ahead :-)

Starters:
Maine Rock Crab Cake, Grilled Asparagus, and House-made Tartar Sauce
&
Ripe Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Mozarella, drizzled with Balsamic Reduction

Entrees:
Barbeque Stout Braised Elysian Field Farm's Pulled Lamb Shank, Wilted Greens, Crispy Vermont Smoked Bacon and Vermont Feta
&
Anson Mills Organic Grit Cake with Vermont Chevre, Caramelized Vidalia Onion and Mushroom Saute with Pea Tips and Fava Beans

Sides:
Corn on the Cob (which I think was honestly the best corn I've ever eaten)
&
Broccoli

Desserts: (this is my favorite part!!)
Campfire S'mores Dessert: Chocolate, Homemade Graham Crackers & Marshmallow Served Warm with with a Burnt Marshmallow Ice Cream
&
Chocolate Bread Pudding, Caramelized Bananas, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

It was SOOOO good! I love ordering food when I don't have to care about the price... sometimes I go to a restaurant and pass up what I really want b/c there's something that sounds almost as good and it's a few dollars cheaper. This RW menu was awesome, b/c no matter what I ordered it was all the same low price! YAY!

Here's some photo-evidence of our yummy dinner (well, actually just dessert, I told you it was my favorite part!):

This is the S'mores dessert (minus a couple of bites!):


Daniel got the bread pudding (I thought mine was better!)


Ellie also preferred the s'mores dessert and she was a marshmallowey sticky mess by the end!



I think Daniel thought there was a good chance I was going to lick my plate... I restrained myself!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That plate does look good enough to lick... I'm afraid I may not have been able to restrain MYself, so good for you!
Dinner sounds yummy... will you be making any of those things for playgroup?!?!?!