Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blogging is a Man's Game...








Well team, it's Daniel here... time to inject some long overdue masculinity into the Fox family blog-o-sphere. In an 1100 square-foot home shared with five women (Randi, Ellie, Campbell, Rosie, and Sherry... trusty mother-in-law and babysitter extraordinaire... more on that later) , a man's got to do what a man's got to do to preserve his sense of self and cultivate the ever-present Y chromosome. Some men, when faced with this situation go hunt wild game, braving the elements and satisfying the primeval thirst for blood. Others retreat even further into the world of sports, hoping that some of the overtly masculine overtures from the NFL and the commercials for meat and 6-bladed razors will restore that lost sense of manhood. I, however, exert my God-given headship by seizing control of the blog- to post and link and create cute photo montages: What, pray tell, could be manlier? So here's to body hair, grilling things, aftershave strong enough to double as paint thinner, dumbells, boxers, sweat, Lynrd Skynrd, changing tires, big saws, Saturday College Football, seconds and then thirds on Thanksgiving, James Bond movies, standing when you pee, and yes... blogging. Vive la Testosterone!

Anyway, the last few weeks have been good... sleep deprived, but good. After coming home from the hospital my mom was able to come and help out for a week. I think we all quickly learned that as time consuming and energy zapping as having a newborn can be, having a very energetic 2 year-old may be as challenging! Ellie is doing a great job of adjusting to her new role of big sister, always eager to help change a diaper or point out that "Baayyybeee Caaa-belll... Cwry (while lending a sympathetic frown)". All in all, Elle's transition has been quite smooth!


After my mom left, Sherry was able to come into town to be with us until December 16. Having "MiMi" around has been great. Every morning Ellie begins her day by going downstairs, crawling in bed with MiMi, grabbing a glass of nutritious "Jooose" and watching Elmo. Ahh, the life!

Elle has officially become intersted in Christmas- specifically "Sa-ta Claws". The basic tenets that she understands at this point include: (1) Presents!.. and they go under the tree (2) He has reindeer, which are like horses with antlers (3) Obesity is an epidemic in this country and this portly elf's glorification and love for candy cane and cookie binges has only woresened the problem (4) "Eddie" and "Caa-bell" each have stockings hung by the chimney with care (5) Santa is sneaky- He sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake- what? Isn't it that crime in most states? (6) Though he comes into fireplaces at most houses, she's pretty sure that he'll be coming to our house through the back door (just can't get her mind around that one!). Ellie also has really enjoyed looking at Christmas lights around the neighborhood. This evening the two of us got into the car and took a quick drive to see some of the lights in the neighborhood... after we passed each house I'd hear the call for "Mo' Ites"... so demanding.

Baby Campbell is doing well also, though I think she may be British... Instead of being on Eastern Standard Time, she actually is on London's time. In other words, her night begins around 4:30 pm and lasts until about 2am. Hmmm... going to have to figure out how to get that changed. I wonder if she'll have a British accent? That would be quaint... At least she'll hopefully take to Tea and Crumpets or Rugby.

Anyhow, Campbell continues to gain weight- up to 8'6'' at her 2 week appointment and had already gained a full inch in height. Her umbilical stump fell off without a problem, though Rosie was disappointed that she didn't get a nibble before it went into the trash (Backstory: When Elle's little umbilical stump fell off, Rand decided to save it to show me when I got home from work... However, when she turned her back, Old Rose-Pose decided that it was just too tasty to resist... All Rand saw was Rosie licking her jowels, content to have snuck such a succulent morsel!... That said, don't feel too bad for Rosie- there's still plenty of spit up to be had!)

Campbell really is awake more and more each day, seemingly increasingly aware of her surroundings. She is beginning to enjoy bathtime and loves to be on her tummy to get her workout in. Her hair is beginning to thin out- I thought it was a bit early for her to start balding, but I guess she does have some of DeeDee's genes. Otherwise, she's doing great... she can't wait to meet you all soon!

Well, that's about all that Fox Family-Version Man has for this evening. I'll try to post a bit more frequently over the coming weeks so you can keep up with the happenings of Elle and Baby Campbell. See you soon! Enjoy some pictures...


My daughter, the nerd. Sweet.

Good luck walking THAT.
The "Football Hold"... one of my personal favorites. Tuck that baby away and head for the goal line.
"I'm soooo tired... BECAUSE I DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL LAST NIGHT!!!" ggggrrrrr...
The tightly wrapped blonde locks... ahhh, love em!
A good picture of Campbell... not sleeping.
The consumate chef at work!

"Where can I get another one of those tasty "raisins"?.... mmmmm...."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... but shouldn't you be sleeping at this time? By the way, I loved your cow costume!! Aunt Em

Anonymous said...

Thanks ,Dan, for starting my day with many laughs! The girls are precious! Sleep will come I promise. By the way, where are the cow pictures????

Jenn Cav said...

Raisins? Daniel, that's just disgusting. Put Randi back on! moo.

Anonymous said...

so sweet. I really hope Derek & I will have the chance to come out soon. Work is keeping me so busy... but maybe, just maybe, I can sneak away for a weekend trip? Glad to hear you all are doing well, minus the lack of sleep.
Love you guys! ~Megan

Jeans said...

These pics are great! I'd been waiting for more! Ellie is still as adorable as ever- i know she'll love Chrissie! (That was for Campbell!) We got our package that Rands sent. Yay! It is so sweet to keep thinking of us! We miss you guys tons. Can't wait to hear where you end up in a couple months. Give the baby lots of kisses for me! And lots of love to you all!

Jeans said...

the umbilical cord thing is disgusting. just reminds me of all the dinner stories you had!

Marrs Family said...

Well done Daniel! Kody would never be caught dead blogging--he feels it's basically like scrapbooking and makes fun of me relentlessly for keeping one. Rest assured, it shows you are very secure in your manhood and I'm sure Randi appreciates you picking up the slack.
Thanks for the updates--all of the pictures are adorable! (well, minus the cow pic...I meant the girls mostly). :)