Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Incredible Gramps

Before Campbell decided to be born early, the plan was for my mom to come and stay with us for 3 weeks and for my dad to join her during the third week. Well, Miss Campbell had other ideas and so my mom graciously changed her travel plans to be here earlier, but that also meant that she had to go home a week sooner than originally planned. Unfortunately it was too late for my dad to change his travel plans, so he arrived here the same day my mom flew home... and let me tell you, I was SO THANKFUL! Not only was Daniel out of town on an interview for 3 days, but Campbell was not sleeping super-great, so I was exhausted and it was great to have the extra hands during the day with Ellie. However, I will never be able to repay him for what happened next:
Friday night at about 11:30 (just before I was getting ready to shut it down for the night, of course), Ellie woke up screaming, so I rushed up there to find that she had vomited ALL OVER herself and her bed. Gramps and I cleaned her up (she was so frightened, it was pitiful) and she proceeded to vomit about every 20 minutes for the next 7 hours.
The next day she was exhausted, pretty puny, and had a fever.
Daniel returned Saturday afternoon and thankfully Gramps and I were able to take naps.
By Sunday night Daniel and I both had it, by Monday morning Gramps had it.
Tuesday evening we were all starting to feel like eating again and Wednesday morning Gramps had to fly home!
We had all kinds of plans for fun things to do while Gramps was here, but he basically spent most of his time either cleaning up vomit, or vomiting himself! Ugh! I was so bummed because my dad hardly ever gets the chance to visit (this was the first time he'd been here since Ellie was born), and this had to be the least fun vacation he'd ever been on! Still, I'm so thankful he was here because trying to take care of a sick toddler, a needy newborn, my husband being out of town, and then being sick myself would have been more than I could handle! Thanks, Gramps for all your help!

Here are some pics of the rare calm moments:
I think this was taken Saturday, after being up all night with Ellie... poor Gramps!

(*For Biards: ^reminds me of someone else... all that's missing is a toothpick and a twitching foot :-)


Baby Campbell, fresh out of the bath and hanging out with her Gramps:


Here's Gramps with Ellie at about the same age as Campbell:

No comments: