Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Look Who's Two!

Ellie celebrated her 2nd birthday last week... I just can't believe that my baby is 2 already!! Where does the time go? She started the day off with a Christmas-morning-like barrage of presents, including the highlight of the morning: a crib and high chair for her baby doll (Thanks, Grangran and Papa!) Since both those items required assembly, we put them together the night before and left them in the living room for her to find. She was over-joyed and went straight to work feeding her, apparently starving, baby doll.




(Sorry for the fuzzy picture... we really need a new camera!)


One of Mimi's presents arrived with a bunch of Smarties tied to the bow... we really had to coax her to open the rest and see what the actual present was!


After the present-opening-bonanza her friend Ayla from our playgroup came over and shared a birthday breakfast. Since Ellie still hasn't let go of the idea that Santa Claus may be coming to town, we had a Christmas themed selection with snowmen-shaped pancakes, complete with eyes made of blueberries and a bacon scarf!


And if all that wasn't enough... Santa Claus himself actually showed up at the little party!! Well, not exactly. You see, we had a refrigerator repairman scheduled to come to the house because ours went on the fritz the day before and Friday morning was the soonest I could get him. Well, when I answered the door and saw his white hair and beard, and the Santa-esq physique I just about cracked up. Ellie just stared at him. I'm pretty sure she thinks that when Santa's not at the mall or delivering presents, he works as a Sears Repair Guy on the side!

I snuck a picture of the guy just so you could see what I'm talking about!


Now tell me he doesn't look just like Santa in a uniform!



I have been more blessed in the last two years than I ever could have imagined!! Happy Birthday, Ellie!




3 comments:

Kim said...

So funny Randi! I wonder if this guy knew you were taking his picture??? Maybe he thinks you have a mini-crush on him! Hahaha, Randi and Santa sittin' in a tree...

Marrs Family said...

That xmas themed b-day and Santa thing is HILARIOUS...I'm so glad you snuck that photo! So funny!
Happy B-day Ellie!

Courtney said...

Hey Randi, this is Courtney Craig. I stumbled over here from Jeanie's blog.

You have a beautiful family! It looks like Ellie had a great birthday. Time really does fly by, doesn't it?

I'm glad I found your blog, I'd love to keep up with what y'all are up to.