As Ellie gets more and more verbal, she continually cracks us up with what comes out of her mouth! Here are some tidbits from the last month that had us rolling:
A few days after that trip we were driving in the car and she started a conversation with me:
Ellie: "'Member Dee-dee?" (Deedee is Daniel's grandpa, whose house she played at a lot that trip. Mawmaw had a stash of cookies and crackers for her to snack on and they endlessly played the 'throw-balls-in-the-pool-while-you-fetch-them-out' game)
Me: "Yes, I do remember Dee-dee"
Ellie: " 'Member Dee-dee's house?"
Me: "Yep, I remember"
Ellie: "quackaahs ovah dare...[crackers over dare]"
Me: [nodding]
Ellie: (getting more excited) "Cookies ovah dare..."
Me: [still nodding]
Ellie: (getting even more excited and really loud with her hands up in the air)"throw balls in da poooooooooooool!!!!!!"
Ellie: "'Member Dee-dee?" (Deedee is Daniel's grandpa, whose house she played at a lot that trip. Mawmaw had a stash of cookies and crackers for her to snack on and they endlessly played the 'throw-balls-in-the-pool-while-you-fetch-them-out' game)
Me: "Yes, I do remember Dee-dee"
Ellie: " 'Member Dee-dee's house?"
Me: "Yep, I remember"
Ellie: "quackaahs ovah dare...[crackers over dare]"
Me: [nodding]
Ellie: (getting more excited) "Cookies ovah dare..."
Me: [still nodding]
Ellie: (getting even more excited and really loud with her hands up in the air)"throw balls in da poooooooooooool!!!!!!"
The other morning Ellie, Campbell and I were laying in bed not wanting to get up yet (well, mainly it was me not wanting to get up yet!) Ellie was playing with Campbell's hands and feet and rubbing her head. Campbell was just grinning and watching Ellie's every move. I was thinking, "Oh, this is so sweet to see your children enjoy one another!"
Ellie told me that she had a secret for Campbell. She leaned up close to her and said, "Sissy, I have a secret for you... " She got really close to her ear and said in full voice, "You don't have any much hair!"
Campbell stared at her with a look of total blankness and Ellie just nodded, "Yep, you have no hair!"







6 comments:
So cute! I love the hair exchange with Campbell. Toddlers are just too honest! Bless her heart!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face!
She is so cute... made mom and dad's day to know she talks about them and remembers them!
Work has been a bit tense... and this made me laugh out loud... thanks for the new story :)
so cute! be better than I was and write these things in a journal now--you'll thank yourself later. I'm getting a late start!
she is a hoot! You had to love that on the plane! I love to hear these little glimmers of your life! Hope the move goes well...
Post a Comment