Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

More From Match Day

Back again, though I can't make any promises about when the next time I'll blog is. This week is Moving Week Part I... that is, moving into a POD, moving in with some generous friends from church while we wait to move into the new house (more on that later).
I never posted any more details about Match Day (let's be honest, I just wanted to know where we were going... didn't care too much about all the hoopla that surrounded it!) But now that the day has passed, I thought I'd share some more pics. It was so emotionally charged, I was literally exhausted by the end of it.
The room started filling up early. This little traffic jam was because Dean Smith was there (his daughter is in school w/ Daniel-- he was even wearing a light blue blazer!).


I didn't go over there to get a pic, though I presume he'll be @ graduation too, so I'll try to sneak one then =)

Daniel and his study buddies from the last 5 years:



Dean Roper explaining how the process will go: They flash each student's name in random order up on a screen... after you see your name, you can go up and get your envelope.


First, though, you have to put a $1 in the bed pan... the last person called gets the bed pan w/ all the money as a reward for having to endure the torture of waiting to be the last one called (Daniel wasn't last, though it did seem like an eternity until they got to his name!)


The whole fam:


Daniel and Ellie waiting for it to start (he looks so nervous!)

You can barely see, but I managed to catch his name when it flashed on the screen:

Picking up his envelope w/ Ellie:


Finally! The wait is over!



Campbell could basically care less about the whole thing... she was the only laid back one in our group that day!



That night we went out and celebrated with our friends. It was so nice to have that behind us! I think out of the 6 of us, no one even really cared where they had ended up... we were all just so glad to know!

1 comment:

Marrs Family said...

2 things make me happy about this post:
1. I finally can tell my friends/family what he's focusing on (internal med)--i don't know how that slipped through all our conversations!
and 2. I forgot Daniel's middle name was LESTER until I read things closely....almost as good as Kody's NORMAN. :)