We've lived in an apartment or townhouse since we got married (almost 7 years ago!), and have never had the responsibility to care for the "nature" that grows outside our door. Well, all that's changed now. =) Daniel went to Home Depot the other day with some graduation money (thanks, Grangran and Papa!) and purchased a shiny new lawn mower!
I must confess I've never mowed a lawn before and the thing is a bit scary to me what with the huge blades and all. However, it's not nearly as scary to me as it is to Ellie. The "lawn-mowah" is her arch nemesis right now.
When Daniel brought it home, he put the box down in the living room and she wasn't too crazy about it. When he got it out to put it together she became pretty clingy, and when he fired it up in the yard, she basically had a meltdown. Now she's like a Pavlovian dog and freaks out whenever she hears one running, which, now that we're in a neighborhood with a bunch of lawns, is pretty often!
Anyway, I snapped a pick of the first lawn-mowing at our new house... I'm sure it will lose it's appeal eventually =)







2 comments:
So funny! I took a video of Chris mowing our yard for the first time when we moved into our house. It was so exciting! Now it's just another dreaded chore. But Marley and Maddy love the lawn-mower... almost too much! I have a hard time keeping them out of the way! Maddy just thinks it is a vacuum for outdoors.
All of these "firsts" are so exciting! I wonder if it is a difference between boys and girls because I think Isaiah would mow for Micah if we'd let him. He would definitely use the trimmer! :) Glad you are enjoying your new home. It is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment