Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Tea Party

Here are some pics from a while back when we were in CA visiting my parents. Ellie got all dressed up, baked cupcakes, set the table, made an invitation, put on her party dress, and patiently waited for Gramps to get home from work one afternoon so she could put the tea party to beat all tea parties.

Here are a few of the highlights:

Meeting Gramps at the door

Leading him to the Grand Event


A little detour to check out the bird bath...

Enjoying the fruits of her labor

Gramps teaching her the proper etiquette on how to hold up one's pinky when drinking tea from a fancy cup


Baby Campbell and I were not invited. We had to be content looking on from a comfortable distance :-)

This little party crasher did show up, though, much to Ellie's delight:


I was so proud of my (usually slow) camera for catching these shots!










5 comments:

c said...

so sweet

Jalyn said...

that is so sweet! you are the best mom, Rands!

Megan Biard said...

I think this is the cutest thing. I remember when we were in Washington, Ellie was telling them they needed to have a tea party. How adorable.
Oh & the pictures of the hummingbird - very cool.

mossfamily said...

The sweetest, EVER! I know Gramps feels so special & i am sure that having Gramps & Mi-Mi play along makes it just as special to Ellie! I loved the dress.... she is such the princess!! (& super cool visitor!)

Jeans said...

I just can't get over how big (and cute) ellie is! And little campbell is a doll! Looks like a great trip to LA.

we don't have definite dates yet, but we should be in NC in the first couple weeks of jan or so. we'll let you know once we do! can't wait to catch up!