How can it be February already and I'm just now blogging about Christmas? I was really going to try to get it done during the month of January, but blogging seems to be the first thing to get cut from the list when life gets busy.
Anyway, better late than never, right? Also, I think it's colder outside now than it was at Christmastime, so in a way, it still feels like the holidays!
Daniel continued his annual tradition of getting the girls a matching pair of pjs to wear on Christmas Eve. This year's said, "Santa, I beleive!" and were SO cute!
Ellie got the idea somewhere this year that we had to make gingerbread cookies for Santa. I tried to tell her that Santa really preferred the old stand-by chocolate chip (especially since I don't have a go-to gingerbread cookie recipe and also because I have a dysfunctional relationship with pastry bags), but there was no talking her out of it, so gingerbread it was!
Campbell was quite proud of the spread, which somehow included Cheese-its... both of their grandpas are set on getting them to like junk food! My dad smuggled in a bag of cheese its from the plane and convinced them that Santa would like them. Then, on Christmas morning there was an ominous package addressed to the girls and me from Papa- not Grangran and Papa - just 'Papa'. When we opened it, it was an entire set of McDonalds plastic play food (whose chemical make up isn't all that different from their regular food). Sick.
The distributing of the Cheese its
The following photos would be our attempt at a sweet Christmas Eve photo of the girls.... didn't work out so well :)
Seriously!? You're killing me!
The photo session quickly devolved into feats of acrobatics, including Campbell learning how to jump for the first time!
Just too much excitement, I guess!
Now, onto Christmas morning!
The girls got some Bible character costumes which they traipsed around in for part of the morning.
Lots o' Presents!
Campbell loves babydolls!!
Uncle Derek and Aunt Megan gave the girls teeny tiny matching sets of scrubs to dress up in :)
El Jorge Curioso!!
Here's a video of the mayhem:
As the afternoon turned to evening, we started getting some flurries....
.... and then a bit more...
... and more...
Until by morning the whole town was blanketed in the fluffy white stuff!
The snow is so much fun when you have no where to be except in front of the fire with family!
Gramps helped Campbell build a snowman
What a great Christmas we had! It's been fun reliving it as I put together this post. I hope everyone's was as merry as ours!


































No comments:
Post a Comment