Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Picking Blackberries




Last month I took the girls to a nearby farm to pick blackberries and blueberries. We had so much fun! We've gone strawberry-picking the last few summers, but blackberries are SO much easier to harvest (no bending over!) Plus, the ripe ones are really easy to tell from the not-so-ripe ones, so it was an easy activity for both of them.




We went first thing in the morning, but it was pretty hot by the time we left and we tired! The blueberries were pretty scant and not quite ready, so I think we're going to go back this week to see if we can get enough for muffins or a pie!



1 comment:

Kim said...

I love how in at least 2 of the pictures Ellie is eating berries! Isn't that the best part of pick-your-own!