Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Little Tomato Who Couldn't

Summer was over 2 months ago, but I had this lone tomato whose vine had climbed all the way up the deck to reach the full sun.  Since it had worked so hard, I decided to leave that plant after I pulled up the rest of the garden... I thought maybe it would use up the last of the warm days to ripen.  


Well, after about a month, it looked like this:  A slight pinkish hue on one side, but other than that, pretty much unchanged.


Although I LOVE fall, the passing of the seasons does give me pause.  Somehow this tomato made me a little sad to think that summer is over and my girls are another year older than this time last year... time just keeps on going, never stopping, never waiting.

Funny how one little hard-as-a-rock, under-ripe tomato can make you stop and think :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

your comment made me so sad...yes, it's true time keeps going and we age with it...can't believe my years with my boys at home are almost complete...