Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ellie's First Ballet Recital

Last month Ellie participated in her first Ballet Recital and it was SO cute! Grangran and Papa had been touring the Blue Ridge Parkway, so they extended their trip for a day to stay in the area and see Ellie perform. Also, my mom was in town that weekend, so between three out four grandparents and all the friends and family who came to watch her, I think she had more guests than any other performer :)

She had two dances to perform. The first was a ballet number called "Chop Suey" and she wore the cutest little purple kimono! The second was a tap dance called, "Buzz Buzz Buzz" and she dressed up as a bumble bee and it was adorable! At one point during the song they had to "shake their stingers" which was seriously the cutest/funniest thing I've ever seen (though admittedly I'm biased :))

Unfortunately I don't have photos of the Chop Suey costume, but here's the Buzz Buzz outfit:
That stinger cracked me up!


Lots of flowers and hugs after her big night!

Waiting on her favorite ballerina to exit the theater!

Getting a hug from Cousin Sam

Sweet Campbell was so enthralled watching her sissy perform!



Campbell brought flowers for Ellie


The proud performer


Please excuse Ellie's over-exposure... the dressing room mom put her leotard on backwards after the performance!






Ellie's Entourage


No comments: