Here's a snippet from a recent conversation between Ellie and I (prompted by me noticing how tall she’s getting):
Me: “Ellie, you’re getting so big! What am I going to do? You’re supposed to be my little baby and if you keep growing, you won’t be a little baby anymore!”
E: “Well, Mommy, I’m still your little baby, but I’m starting to grow up like you. And someday I’ll be a Mommy just like you. And then I can wear belts and make-up!!”
A few days later...
Me: “Ellie- you’re supposed to stay little! Why aren’t you staying little anymore?!”
Ellie: (Exasperated) “Mommy, that’s not God’s design!”
----
Ellie had an eyelash on her cheek the other day, so I swept it off onto my finger and told her to blow it away and make a wish. A minute later, Campbell demanded, “I wanna blow an eyebrow and have a dream!”
---
I overheard the girls talking in the car about what kinds of cars they’d like to have someday. Here are the results:
Campbell: “My car will be puhpuhl (purple) with wainbows (rainbows) allllll ovah (over) it and, Sissy, you can wide (ride) in it with me, OK, Sissy?!”
Ellie: “Well, my car will be pink with sparkly spots all over it and it will have rainbows and a picture of my family on the side, and me and Mommy will ride in the front of my car and you and Daddy will ride in the front of your car, and we’ll all drive to a fancy restaurant”
Campbell: “Oooh. Dat will be so nice, Sissy!”
Ellie: “What kind of job are you gonna get so you can have your car, Campbell?”
(We’re starting them early on the whole 'no job = no car' concept! ha!)
Campbell: “I’m gonna be a mommy!”
Ellie: “I’m gonna be a mommy too!”
Me: “That’s great girls, I’m glad you want to be mommies. Do you think you’ll make enough money doing that to pay for your cars?”
Ellie: “Yes, you get paid lots of money to be a mommy!”







2 comments:
I am dying laughing at this! I am loving the cars & I think you should totally store this away & prank them on their 16th birthdays with JUST these cars!! :) And if only mommyhood was great pay!
This is precious. And I can see their eyes dancing as they talk about their cars! As for being a mommy, we may not make any money but we sure do get rich in other ways! I wouldn't trade my days at home with my kids for anything. Miss you all so much! Give the girls a hug from Aunt Beth.
Post a Comment