Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Leaving Home :(

I've been absent from the blog for so long, I'm sure that my 2 readers are now no longer readers anyway, but for the sake of our family record, I figured I should update at some point :)

We are getting settled in Colorado now, but oh how hard it was to leave our home in North Carolina!

A few pics of our last weeks at home...



 The last day of preschool

 Ellie got the award for "Inventor of Playtime Scenarios"! ha!

Chick Fil A ice cream to celebrate the beginning of summer!

 Saying goodbye to our co-op friends


 We squeezed in time for a dance recital the weekend before we left.

This year Ellie did a tap number to a Supremes medley (it was hilarious)...

 ... and also a ballet dance to an instrumental version of a Lionel Ritchie song.  It was very sweet and she was looking like such a big girl to me! :(

 My camera battery died (and I had already packed my charger) during the performance, so I had to rely on cell phone pics.  Bummer.





One last ball-chasing/swim session for Rosie at Jordan Lake




The girls enjoyed the lake too, though I think Rosie's enthusiasm still wins the prize :)




Saying goodbye to our friends (and weekly playdate!), Elli and Annie



I had to include this random photo that I took.  It's our dehumidifier, which I sold on Craigslist the week before we left... definitely will not be needing that out here.  In fact, I should have traded it for a humidifier... it is seriously dry out here! :)




One last Durham Bulls game...  as it turned out, we got more than our money's worth... the game started late after a last-minute rain delay and we were out until after 11:00!  Truthfully, I kind of wanted to leave after the delay was announced, but we had promised the girls a game, so we stuck it out. :)




Our last pool playdate with the Soyars' and Moss' :(  This was a sad day for all of us... we've had SO much fun over the last few years meeting up at the pool every week.  This particular day was just wonderfully perfect.  The weather was HOT- so everyone wanted to be in the water- and at several points I found myself just trying to capture the moment and freeze it in my memory.  The kids were having a blast playing with their friends and enjoying the water.  I can still see in my mind's eye, an expression of pure joy on Campbell's face as she splashed around with 'the big girls', Emma and Leah- who even though they are years older than my girls, never treated them as anything but peers and were always so sweet to include them in all their activities.  I sincerely hope that even though we're separated by thousands of miles now (sniff, sniff), they can somehow maintain their friendships.





 Now for the hardest part-- saying goodbye to our incredible church family.  Rachel and Cherie were so sweet to plan a farewell picnic for us at the park and we enjoyed the afternoon savoring every last second with our dear friends.  I can't even hardly talk/thing/blog about it, because I'm so homesick right now, but we will miss these folks more than words can express!


They made us the coolest wall-hanging, which has maps of all the places we've lived as a married couple.  It's hanging in our new family room here in Colorado (photos to come in a later post) and brings a smile (and, ok, sometimes a tear) to my face every time I look at it.




See- North Carolina and Colorado aren't that far away from each other after all! :o)


We sure will miss watching Sara Beth grow up in all her spunk!


*trulyblessed*












2 comments:

mossfamily said...

I hate that you are homesick, but if it makes you feel any better... we are terribly "homesick" for you! Wish you were here with us!

Jenn Cav said...

Well, I still read your blog!! And this post brought a tear to my eyes too! I know what special friends you have there and I know how incredibly hard it was to leave. Praying for peaceful adjustment and wonderful transitions for all of us!