Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, March 23, 2013

On Love, Character Traits, and Art


A couple of conversations with Campbell over the last few weeks:

[While watching a Sesame Street video in which Grover befriends a lonely Praire Dawn..]

Campbell: "Oh mommy, they're being so nice to each other!"
Me: "That's right, Grover is trying to be a good friend, isn't he?"
Campbell: "Well, you know when people start being so nice to each other like that, soon they're going to get in love, Mommy!"

At the dinner table last week, we were playing a little game and telling who our favorite Bible character was and why.

Ellie: "I like Mary the best, because she was God's mother and was very good and didn't make bad choices."
Campbell: "I think I like Abraham the best."
Daniel: "And why is that, Baby C?"
Campbell:  "Because he had lots of milk and honey, and I love honey!!"

[On a particularly cold, snowy day when the kids were having to come up with indoor activities..]

Me: "Campbell, what would you like to do?  Do you want to play with Play-doh, or maybe color?  Or you can paint if you'd like."
Campbell:  "Yes!  I want to paint, Mommy.  I want to paint with all the colors of the wind!"

I think she's seen Pocahontas one too many times :)



1 comment:

ann said...

Oh that is sooo sweet! Just the other day I went back and looked at the post where Ellie and Campbell were talking about their future cars! Love it! Grangran