Last fall my great friend Rachel came for a visit and we spend a girls' weekend in Breckenridge. One of my favorite things we did was to take a hike up the Spruce Creek Trail to the Mohawk Lakes (Rachel and I didn't quite make it due to time -- we had spa appointments to get to... priorities :)).
Only 2 weeks later we were back in Breckenridge with my family and so much snow had piled up that even though we had plenty of time, we could only get within about 300 yards of the illusive Lakes. Grr. We tried to push on, but the trail was completely hidden and when we stepped out into a clearing (where we thought the trail was leading) and fell into waist-high snow, decided it was probably best to turn back.
(I was wearing a sling on my arm because I had to have a little minor surgery on my wrist earlier that week)
Oh well, maybe next time!












No comments:
Post a Comment