Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Our "Trip" to St. Louis

Last month when I started the posts from our trip to CA, I mentioned that we had a short trip to St. Louis. Welllll, it wasn't exactly a trip: Because of bad weather, Ellie and I ended up spending a combined total of 13 hours in airports before we were told to spend the night in St. Louis. Only a couple problems with that scenario:
1) I had no carseat to get her to/from a hotel
2) I had one diaper left and no car to get to a store and get more
3) The hotel had no crib for her to sleep in
4) She was FILTHY dirty from crawling around all over the St. Louis airport floor for 13 hours and since the airline wouldn't give me my luggage for the night I had no other clothes for her and nothing but a hotel room sink to wash the ones she was wearing.
[exhale]

Anywayyy, you can probably tell I'm still a little exasperated from the whole experience. Just when I didn't know what to do next, 2 old friends came to my rescue! I remembered a couple of St. Louis connections I had and used what little battery was left on my cell phone (charger was in the luggage) to use my "phone a friend lifeline" and get some help.

First, my friend from Bowling Green, Becky's mom came to the airport with a carseat to pick us up. She promptly took us to a drug store where I spent about $30 getting diapers, wipes, shampoo, baby wash, deodorant, etc. Then, she dropped us off at my friend from California, Elizabeth's house to spend the night. It was great to see everyone and catch up (and stay up late talking!) with Elizabeth and her husband, Micah. If Charlotte or Elizabeth ever check the blog, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Ellie and I had a nice, comfy, clean place to sleep and by the time our plane took off the next day at noon, I almost felt rested! When we got ready to board the plane the next day the same flight attendant from the day before was checking us in and she felt so bad for us, she bumped us to first class! Almost made it worth it (almost).

Unfortunately the only thing I have to show for our short trip to St. Louis is this cute bow that Liz made for Ellie (camera was in the suitcase too):

1 comment:

Liz Wilcox said...

Randi! She looks so cute in the bow! I hope you liked it. I'd love to add it to my gallery if that's okay?

Sorry for all the problems in St. Louis, but we are still glad we got to see you and meet Ellie. She's a sweety!