Earlier this month Ellie and I went to Tampa for a visit with Papa John and GranAnn and they took Ellie to the Aquarium! She had a BLAST! Unfortunately almost as soon as we got in the door my camera battery died (this happened to me a couple summers ago too after we had climbed to the top of St. Peter's Basilica! Why can't the battery die when I'm taking pictures for ebay auctions or something boring!?) Anyway,
unlike St. Peter's, the aquarium had a handy gift shop nearby where we were able to pay 3 times the normal retail value for a one-time-use camera. Then, of course, I actually had to take it down to the store, wait 2 days, then go back to pick up my pics, only to find that the quality was far less than that of my digital. I reluctantly made the switch to digital a few years ago when Daniel convinced me that I didn't want to haul around lenses, a huge camera+bag, and loads of 35mm film in our backpacks across Italy. Now I'm hooked! The pictures are still cute, just a bit dark =( Enjoy!
Here she is checking out a penguin:

The stingray tank was her favorite part!



She also enjoyed the "No Bones Zone" where she got to pet invertebrates and see a sea-star for the first time.



It was very windy that day on Tampa Bay!!

Here she is later mooching some banana pudding from Aunt Emily...

... and then riding the little horsey down-to-town with DeeDee
2 comments:
she is so cute! I miss her so much! love auntie em
Thanks for posting the aquarium pictures. That was a fun day! So thankful we have so many special times with all of you. Looking forward to everyone being here in April. Love, Granann
Post a Comment