On our way to the playground, Ellie veered off the path to chase down some ducks she saw resting in the shade. I wasn't too worried about this, because I knew once she got too close, the ducks would get up and move or fly away from her...
... well, it turns out one of the ducks was injured and couldn't fly or walk (waddle) very fast..... so Ellie was gaining on him and FAST. This poor duck had the look of total fear! All his little duck friends ditched him and it was just he and Ellie and she was forcing him into a corner yelling, "duck-duck! duck-duck!"...
Grandma took pity on the duck and rescued him from what would surely have ended in Ellie trying to scoop him up and squeeze him to death. Ellie was disappointed, probably thinking, "Grandma, I was SO close! Why did you take me away?!?"
After the morning of play, Ellie was tired of walking, so Gramps gave her a lift.
She was so worn out, she just took a little snooze!







No comments:
Post a Comment