Monday, August 25, 2008
Enjoying the North End
After our day in Beacon Hill, we returned to the North End/"Little Italy" to enjoy some more great food. This time we were able to get into the restaurant, Bella Vista, that the Poitras' had recommended and it was FANTASTIC! I had the Spaghetti Carbonara...
... and my mom declared her Manicotti the best she'd ever eaten. Unfortunately, although we had reservations this time, Daniel was unable to join us due to a really-late day at the hospital =(. He did, however, enjoy about 1/2 of my Carbonara left-over (there was no way I could eat that whole plate-full!) The place definitely felt as authentic Italian as I've experienced since being in Italy: the owner sat and served us; they took cash-only as payment; the tables were jammed so close to one another, you could barely scoot your chair out; and when I ordered a Coke to drink, they brought me a can!
After dinner we strolled around the neighborhood, avoided some overly-enthusiastic street "performers" (I use that term very accommodatingly!), and enjoyed the pleasant evening weather while we waited for Daniel to catch up with us.
I got a quick shot of Paul Revere's house, but my camera battery died while taking it, so it didn't focus very well. I suspect I'll be back, however, because it's right around the corner from Mike's Pastries, from which we picked up another round of canolis!
A view of down-town from Hanover St. in the North End:
A look down Hanover St. at night:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment