I knew it wasn't going to be a fun day, but I figured I had little choice, so off we went.
After waiting for 4 HOURS and spending $150 in co-pays, the doctor gave me a lecture on antibiotic resistance and sent me home with instructions to drink lots of fluids and take Tylenol for our fevers. If we're still sick in 7-10 or if pneumonia develops, he assured us we could come back for some meds. Great. Thanks.
I was so upset leaving there, I just wanted to burst into tears. Ellie was now moaning in her stroller (fever having returned since it had been almost 5 hours since her last dose of Tylenol), and I was feeling absolutely miserable. By the time we got to our car, I had decided to be in a better mood and hold it together.... until I saw the fancy car parked so close to mine that we literally had to crawl in from the passenger side just to get to the car-seat/driver's seat. Now I'm not usually one for vandalism, but I promise it took every ounce of restraint I had not to take my frustrations out on that car!
I heard from Daniel a few hours after we got back home and he had developed fever and chills throughout the day... so now we're all sick.
I totally broke my own rule this morning and let Ellie veg-out in front of the TV while I laid around. Even though she still feels bad, I think she enjoyed watching cartoons for an hour and a half!







1 comment:
Awww, Randi! I'm so sorry and I hope you are all feeling better soon. This is just a sign that you should never leave Raleigh again, EVER!
We missed you today at playgroup! Hurry home!
Post a Comment