Well, we made it home safe and sound from Boston and Ellie had a great time with her Gramps and Mi-mi in California, but we were SO glad to get her back on Monday! Unfortunately/fortunately I don't think she missed us too much! She acted excited to see us, but showed equal excitement to greet Rosie and her toys, so I guess that shows me where I rank in her little world =)
Anyway, since Daniel had the week off, we spent most of our time working on projects around the house (mainly getting ready for Baby), and really we were pretty productive. We needed to be productive, though, since this is one of Daniel's last weeks off before Baby comes. I'll post pics of our progress once we've completed some things and our stuff is all put back together.
Toward the end of the week we left for Tampa for a visit with GranAnn and PapaJohn. We spent our first day at Lowry Park for Ellie's first visit to the Zoo. She had a great time seeing all the animals and playing in the fountains. Here's some pics of the highlights:

Feeding the birds with a Popsicle stick of peanut butter and bird seed... I didn't go into the bird cage with Ellie and PapaJohn... I have a hard time getting my mind off the idea that I could end up with bird poop in my hair!


Feeding the goats:

She thought it was so funny that the goat just sucked the food right out of her hand!


The Wallaroo Exhibit:

This one even had a little joey in her pouch! He never did jump out so we could see him, we had to settle for a tail and a leg hanging out the side.

Ellie was pretty much completely uninterested in the GIGANTIC GIRAFFE that was right behind her! Usually she likes to point out giraffes in books and pictures, but she didn't seem to care that she was seeing a live one.

The only ferocious animals we saw were both in semi-hiding. First up: a Black Bear

Then, slightly more threatening (even though he didn't get up from this spot): the White Tiger. All we could see was his head, but that was scary enough for me!



The "Primate World" Exhibit: Always a fan favorite!

Ellie practiced her monkey sounds...


... and then pretended to climb this tree like a monkey...

Almost nap-time!

... but not before playing in the fountains!!

It was so hot that day and I think I enjoyed getting splashed as much as she did! She did, however, take a break from playing for a few minutes to stare at this super-hyper little boy who was running around in his (soaking wet) underwear and tennis shoes... she wasn't quite sure what to think of him!


2 comments:
I don't know what to make of him either. Talk about socially awkward! Glad you guys have a good time. You have such a cute little pooch!
Ummm... little boy in the underwear = something I hope I never let one of my kids do...
Great pictures. Ellie is just precious.
Post a Comment