Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

My Heart is in California

Well, my mom left to go back home to CA, and she took Ellie with her!!!! No, she didn't kidnap her, we just decided that it might be nice for Ellie to have some quality time with Gramps and Mi-mi, PLUS (and this is a big plus!), she won't have to be in the car for 12 hours when we leave to go home tonight. My mom is bringing her back on Monday, but until then, I'M SO LONELY! Don't get me wrong, sleeping-in has been nice, and I've been able to get the whole apartment cleaned up, all of our bags packed, and a long walk for Rosie in record time! I must say, I feel like a lady of leisure. I was kind of wishing that we could've gone home yesterday, because there are tons of projects at home that I could get done more efficiently without Ellie there to "help". But here in Boston, I don't have much to do as far as chores or projects, so I'm pretty much just hanging out and enjoying the city all by myself.... it's very strange! I can't wait for Monday!

Here are some picks from when I dropped them off at the airport... Ellie couldn't wait to get rid of me! She kept waving and saying "bye-bye", "bye-bye" and the longer I stayed around, the more irritated her "bye-bye"s became!




2 comments:

Marrs Family said...

whoa! you're braver than I! I couldn't leave maggie until my overnight stay in the hospital when I delivered the twins! I know...I'm a little ridiculous.
I'm sure she's having a fabulous time and while she may not cry for you hourly like you want, I'm certain she mentions you throughout the day. :) Enjoy the peace & quiet!

Liz Wilcox said...

How nice of your mom! I'm sure it wasn't THAT hard for her to offer. :) I know it's hard to let her go but it must make you so happy to see how much she loves your mom and dad that she's like, "Get out of here mom!" I look forward to seeing Isaiah have that kind of relationship with my mom. Monday will come fast!