Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Potty Training Update

*warning: i realize not everyone is as interested in the voiding details of my daughter... so read on at your own risk :-)*


It's been so long since I posted, I'm sure all of you think we've been hanging out by the toilet for 3 weeks. While there has been an inordinate amount of time spent in the bathroom lately (particularly the first 2 days!), I think I can confidently say it's a success! She's a Pee-peeing Pro- without an accident since the first week and wakes up dry about 75% of the time from naps and/or bedtime... she even made it out to CA in big girl panties with no accidents or fear of the airplane potties! I'm so proud of her... she's learning to hold it longer and longer and going out to eat/church/shopping/errands/etc are getting easier day by day with less worry about having to dash off to the bathroom.
She's had QUITE a bit more trouble with #2.... the child can hold it longer than you would think humanly possible. It's so incredibly stressful for me... I just can't explain. We've tried everything to get her to go: prizes, treats, juice, laxatives, I've even offered her a diaper--- she WILL NOT go until it gets to the point where she just can't hold it anymore... which just reinforces the whole cycle all over again. Anyway, I finally got tough this week and when I noticed her withholding, told her that she had to sit on the toilet until she went. Day 1 took about 1:15... she just sat there and read books, colored, etc. And FINALLY she went! Since then, every day has gotten so much easier. I'm *cautiously* optimistic that by this time next week she'll be over whatever fear she had about the whole thing. I told Daniel the whole experience of potty training has aged me! I'm just thankful that there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Poor old Rosie's had a ring-side seat for the whole process:


I still have more pics to share from our trip to Tampa, so stay tuned for those =)

1 comment:

Jalyn said...

Way to go Ellie! Congrats Rands on making it through potty training. I'm sure you're relieved that you won't have to have 2 kids in diapers. : )