Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moving to a Big Girl Bed

Last week Ellie made the official transition to a Toddler Bed. I was actually pretty nervous about how it was going to go because she's not usually one for change, but surprisingly she took right to it and hasn't looked back!

Here are some pics from the Big Day:


She looks like such a big girl to me!


We let her take a nap in the bed before trying and all-nighter and although I think this helped with any "fears" she may have had, it also provided plenty of daylight for her shenanigans!
I heard her in there just chatting away, jumping on the bed, rearranging her "cuvaahhs"(covers), tucking in her baby doll, etc. I figured it was normal for her to be excited about the new bed, so I would just give her some time to adjust. After about 25 minutes though, I went in there and told her to quiet down and go to sleep. I found a few "extra items" in the bed, and she was in the process of climbing out when I walked in. She looked at me and exclaimed, "Eddie had a good nap, Mommy!" Yeah right.

I returned all the contraband to its place and tucked her back in only for her to repeat the process for another 45 minutes!
She finally fell asleep and I peeked in to check on her. Here's what I found:


A pack of diapers as a pillow, stickers all over the freshly stained headboard (that Daniel spent a week stripping, sanding, staining, etc!-- he was NOT happy!), 3 pairs of shoes and all of her jeans under the covers, and one exhausted little girl sound asleep in her new bed!

The room was a bit disheveled too!



All in all though, I'd say it was a success! She's sleeping fine again and as a huge bonus, the sheets are MUCH easier to change =) Thanks to Rachel for the hand-me-down bed!

No comments: