Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm a Dork & What a Day!

Well, today has been a really crazy day. It all started off this morning when I was on a walk and decided it would be really efficient of me to go ahead and get a text message ready for our options for tomorrow-- that way I could just press "send" when we get the news. So, I got busy texting (i'm ridiculously slow at texting!) and got the "we're going to Nashville" draft saved, then the "we're going to Durham" draft saved, then the "we're going to Boston" draft saved... oh wait, I accidentally hit SEND!!! I tried to stop it from going out, but half the people in my contacts list got a text this morning telling them we were moving to Boston! Needless to say I got text-bombed over the next few minutes from everyone saying, "what!?", "how do u know??", "Boston!! wow!", etc, etc. Then I had to send out another text explaining what happened (which of course took me like 10 minutes because I text so slow!) What a dork I am.

Anyway, the day went on and I ran a bunch of errands while Mom-mom (my grandma who's here visiting for a month) stayed home with the napping girls. I got home and we took the girls to the park for a hour or so. Ellie (who is super-timid about trying anything daring like actually playing on the playground equipment) went down the slide like 10 times and instructed me NOT to hold her hand. Sad as it is, this was a milestone for her. I didn't even have my camera with me... and I call myself a scrapbooker! Rachel would be ashamed!

Next, I get a call from Daniel asking me to find him a dentist who will see him right away because a mild toothache he thought was due to a sinus infection has gotten much worse today and he's in so much pain, that he's leaving school. So he goes to the dentist only to find out that he has to have a root canal tomorrow! Um, hello!? Tomorrow's kind of a big day! But, the poor guy is miserable, so there really was no other option (plus, dentists don't work on Fridays, those jerks!). Thankfully the dentist, also UNC grad, understands the whole Match Day process and agreed to do it for Daniel at 8:00 am, so that hopefully he will be outta there and feeling better by 11:00, when we'll leave to go to the Match.

Whew. I'm tired, and I think tomorrow will be even crazier! Here's today's packing status: not too much added since yesterday, but we're getting there!


ps: If you get a text from me tomorrow, it's the REAL THING! I'm not going to try to be efficient like I did this morning! That backfired, so I'll just take the time to text the news (and post on the blog after we get home) after we get it =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

COME ON RANDI... I'm dying to know!!! When are you getting home???