Gramps and Mimi took Ellie to the zoo one morning while we were in CA... here are some of the highlights:
Hanging out in a dinosaur egg:

Riding the "ho-seys" (actually this merry-go-round was zoo animals, but since all the others she's been on are horses, she still calls it "ho-seys"):

A
real 'ho-sey'!

Ellie feeding the goats... though I wasn't there, I know it must have taken every ounce of her courage to get the guts to do this. She's what you might call a
tad timid!


No doubt the highlight of her day: washing hands! In addition to being timid, she's a newly-obsessed germaphobe... of course this may have something to do with the cool soap dispenser and raised sink at Mimi's house!

She's been reading the
"Llama Llama" books lately and looks pretty excited to see a
real llama!

My dad said she clung to him like a little monkey every time the elephant came around the circle on the side where they were standing. Still, when I ask her what her favorite part of the zoo was, she always exclaims, "el-phant!!"


Going on Safari with Gramps
aaaand... last, but not least, posing with a statue of a monkey:
5 comments:
I know your mom and dad had a blast with her! My heart melts seeing palm trees in the background. Boy do I miss California. That's not the zoo by the church building is it?
it is!! i love going out there this time of year b/c it's so nice to get a break from winter. i'm sure you feel the same way (esp since your winters are a bit tougher!)
^that was rand =)
Okay I thought so but wasn't for sure. There was nothing like seeing elephants being moved around while we came out of bible class huh? ahh the good ol days. :)
haha! I know! It all seemed so normal until i moved away and realized that not everyone went to church next to a zoo! =)
Post a Comment