Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Back To School

Daniel started back Monday for his last 6 weeks of medical school... yay!!!! ('yay' that there's six weeks left, not 'yay' that he's not at home anymore :-) He had the months of December, January, and February off of school. Granted, December and January were mostly spent interviewing (and making up ER shifts from the week he skipped due to Campbell's early arrival), and he's been keeping busy getting the house ready to sell and helping me out (a TON!) with the girls, he's also been working a couple times a week taking night-call for the State Medical Examiner (grim, I know), but don't get me wrong, folks, there's been a pretty significant amount of leisure time too!

Here's a 'best-of' reel from the "4th Year Vacation" as we're calling it:

He became a Daddy again:
Attended several tea parties:

Did more than a fair share of snoozing:
Played guitar with his dad and brothers:
Went on some chilly winter-walks:
Opened stockings from Santa:
Played in the snow:
Skied in the snow:
Fell in then snow:
Hung out with Rosie Posie:
Goofed off with Ellie:
And last but certainly not least (especially if you measure in terms of total hours spent!), playing Wii:

(summer games w/ Brent and Thomas)
(Mario Kart w/ Ellie)

(Mario Kart w/ Brent and Baby Brent)


(Summer Games again) I'm not sure how, but I don't have picture of Daniel playing Guitar Hero, but trust me, this was the late-night game of choice. One time he came to bed at about 3:00am and woke me up (I was not thrilled) so that I could share in his joy over beating the Steely Dan song, "Do It Again". I'm sure some people could come up with some really amazing things to do with 3 months off: learn another language, travel the world, get a 2nd job, pick up a new hobby, etc.... but not Dan... he's conquered Guitar Hero and Mario Kart!! What more could you ask for?!


Haha. I say all this in jest... he really was super-helpful to have around. I'm confident the house would still be for sale if it were not for his hard work painting, patching, cleaning, packing, etc; and Ellie just loved having him around- especially as she asdjusted to having to share my time and attention with Campbell. I'm glad he's going back well-rested because I have a feeling he'll need all the rest he can get before residency starts... I heard this nasty little rumor that they make you work 80+ hours per week and that you're just about dead-on-your-feet by the time it's over!




We'll miss having you around the house, Daddy!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The start of their game in the video made me laugh - too funny!
I bet you are already missing him.

Kim said...

Loved this post... such a cute family! I'm getting really nervous for "Match Day"... please be Duke, please be Duke, please be Duke!!!