One of the (many) reasons I've been light on blogging lately is because we sold our house on April 20th. The weeks leading up to it were crazy with packing, eating weird things to clean out the pantry, and trying to keep up with all of life's regular responsibilities, but everything went smoothly with the closing, so we're thankful for that.
Here are some pics of the last days at our First House:
When Easter comes during Moving Week, some corners get cut! We didn't want to ignore it, but the thought of getting toys that would just have be boxed-up and stored in 4 days didn't appeal to me. So we tried to fill their baskets with things that looked cool, but that we could use while we waited to get into our new house.
In case you didn't notice in the above pic, here's our getto Easter baskets! I thought I had set aside the Easter grass to not be packed, but apparently it was either packed, used as packing material, or thrown away because it was nowhere to be found when it was time to put the baskets together. I shredded up some junk mail with our (still-unpacked, thankfully) paper-shredder and called it a day!
I have to admit, I was a little sad about leaving. Even though we've outgrown the 2 bedrooms and needed to move for Daniel's impending residency, so many wonderful times were had in that house. Lots of fun times with friends and family, time spent curled up in front of the fireplace (pre-kids, of course!... there has been little of that in the last two years!), Christmases, finding out we were going to be parents, planning a backpacking trip to Italy while sitting at the patio table, rocking on the front porch, bringing home Rosie Posie only to have her pee on our floor, and of course bringing home our two precious girls. I'll never forget some of the nights spent in the rocking chair with Campbell just after she was born, or watching Ellie take her first steps on our bedroom floor, or seeing the look on Ellie's face as she looked out the upstairs window at a snow-covered ground, or seeing her joy as she discovered "Reindeer Dust" on our front porch. I pray that our lives in the new house will be as richly blessed as they have these past 5 years!
(more on the new house to come!)







No comments:
Post a Comment