Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Christmas 2009 Part 2


After sharing a huge breakfast, we all gathered around the Christmas tree to open presents. The 'big' present from both grandparents was a kitchen for the girls.

Here's the video of Ellie and Campbell discovering it:


After presents, since we hadn't already eaten enough, we got started on a big feast for Christmas dinner.



It was yummy!


We had Pumpkin-Apple Soup; Pomegranate Salad; Buttered Rosemary Rolls; this Stuffing-which was a little mushroom-y, but still good; Grilled Asparagus with some fancy olive oil that my boss gave me for Christmas (yum!); Green Bean Bundles; and Pork Loin with Cranberry Sauce. I had so much fun cooking in the kitchen while someone else watched the kids! :)

For dessert (much later!) we had Orange-Gingersnap Cheesecake with a Cranberry Compote-- it was my favorite :)

I love cooking a big meal and having a reason to break out the Christmas china.

We had a wonderful Christmas and posting about it in February has made the season seem much longer-- maybe I'll do that from now on!

Up next: Ellie's B-day party!

No comments: