Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Punnett Square

The other day Ellie was asking about eye color. I had commented on her big brown eyes and told her that she got them from me. I could see that caused a little confusion, and here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Ellie: "How did I get my brown eyes from you?"
Me: "Well, kids get something from each of their parents and you got my eyes"
Ellie: "Where did you get your eyes, Mommy?"
Me: "I got my eyes from Gramps. And Gramps got his eyes from Mom-mom"
Ellie: "Did Baby Campbell get her eyes from me?"
Me: "No, Baby Campbell got her brown eyes from Mommy, just like you did"
Ellie: "And did Rosie get her brown eyes from you too?"
Me: "No! I did not give birth to that fur-faced maniac!!!"
Ellie: [falling on the floor laughing]

1 comment:

Kim said...

Too funny! "Fur-faced maniac!!!" I love it!