Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beauty and The Beast



No, I'm not talking about this picture of Ellie and Daniel! Last month, Ellie got to see her first musical when Daniel took her to see the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast.

To say she was excited would be the understatement of the century. I didn't even tell her about it until about a week in advance, and even then I though she may go without sleep for too many nights because of her anticipation.

At first, she thought she was going to be performing (we had recently been to her ballet studio's recital-- I think she thought it was her turn for the spotlight!) Then, a few days later, she had the idea that all the Disney princesses would be there. Once she finally grasped (with the help of some YouTube clips) that it would be the "Belle" movie on-stage, she was ready to go!

She picked out her dress and we straightened her hair for the occasion. Daniel texted me at intermission and said only one word: "Rapt". He said she was in awe of everything and her eyes were about to pop out of her head half the time. She wasn't crazy about the parts with the Beast before his change of heart, but as long as she could bury her head in Daniel's arm, he said she was fine.

Baby Campbell wanted her picture taken too!

Anyway, when she got home, she just gushed and hasn't stopped since! I'd say it was a great day with Daddy!

No comments: