I didn't really know what to name this post because there really is no unifying theme to tie all these pictures together. I haven't been great about taking pictures this summer... mainly because we've spent so much time around water (and I'm not crazy about the idea of getting my new camera wet!) So anyway, here's a little look at what we've been up to over the last month or so (minus a ton of pool pics!)
We took a trip to Bowling Green and encountered the world's worst traffic jam on the way there... ugh! This was my view for about 2 hours:
The girls hung in there though, many thanks to Mary Poppins (with which they became obsessed this summer! I'm already working on two Mary Poppins Halloween costumes (per their request) and planning a Mary Poppins birthday party for Ellie (again, per request.))

Hanging out at the Coffey's pool with the Wayland boys.
Rosie beat the heat by taking a swim in the fountain at a nearby shopping center (in case you were wondering, no, dogs are probably not allowed.... Rosie just cannot stand to be around water and not be in it.)

We got some interesting looks from the people eating at the outdoor restaurant that's in the same courtyard.

The girls have become quite the little helpers in the kitchen. In this pic I was making bruscetta for a large crowd and Campbell was in charge of handing me the cherry tomatoes, while Ellie moved the sliced ones to a bowl. It was quite the little assembly line.
Sweet little summer dresses!

Mom-mom came for a visit and spoiled us with lots of homemade pancakes! She also kept busy this summer by making the girls lots of dresses and sun suits. Some of them are even made from 'vintage' patterns that she used to make me clothes when I was a toddler!
Twirling in one of the many dresses that Mom-mom handmade for the girls this summer:


Baby Campbell took up pacifier use for about a week. (?)

Ellie got in trouble for something and lost the use of her dress up clothes for a few days as a punishment. At one point, she came into the kitchen with this getup on: Napkins, fabric scraps, and a table cloth. I called it "Desperation Dress-up":

The dress-up clothes have been returned and all is well in our house again!

A visit to Grangran and Papa's means lot of playing in the pool with Uncle Jonathan.

Hanging out in the pool with Papa:
Summer is coming to an end, but we still have a few things planned: Swimming lessons this week, hopefully a camping trip before it gets cool, and then Ellie starts ballet again and then... PRESCHOOL! Ahh! She can't be old enough for this!?! I'm 'easing' into it... she's doing a Homeschool Preschool with a fellow MOPS mom 1 day a week, so I think I can handle that :)More updates to come...








3 comments:
Thanks for the update rands! Looks like it's been a fun and busy summer! Love her make-shift dress up day- too funny! Give the girls a hug for me! love ya!
desperation dress up made me really laugh! That is funny, and so creative! Love those girls
Desperation Dress Up sounds like the next show on TLC. Love it! Ellie is really a little girl now, and not so much a baby anymore....it makes me want to go hold Lazarus and not let him go! They are precious!
Post a Comment