Back in May I drew the 'lucky' straw to run in the Doughman race for my office. The whole morning was really fun, as you would expect a race day to be, but with one sickening twist. Here's how the morning went:
6:00 - Wake up, get race clothes on, DON'T EAT BREAKFAST.
6:15 - Wake girls up, get them dressed, do feed them breakfast
6:25 - Load in the car and bring them to my boss' house so she and her husband can watch them while I run
7:10 - Get registered and stand around waiting for the race to start
7:30 - Daniel gets off work early and meets us downtown to watch the race and collect the girls
8:00 - Gun fires and the first member of our relay team starts.
Ok, here's where it gets hairy. You see, this wasn't just a nice, friendly race where everyone runs their part and you get a cute t-shirt at the end. Apparently I had signed up for a Swim, Bike, Run, EAT competition. Sick.
The first person on my team had to eat a corn dog and then run .5 miles and swim several meters (can't remember how many). Then, she tagged the next member of the team who had to eat spaghetti and vegan meatballs and bike about 10 miles. The third racer had to eat 2 vegetarian tamales and then run about 2 miles, and then it was my turn. I had to eat TWO "Lamby Joes" (like a sloppy joe only made with lamb) and then run 3.9 miles. YUCK! I do not recommend it.
Strangely, I didn't notice all that much while I was running, probably because I hadn't eaten anything since lunch the day before and I didn't eat anything else until breakfast the following morning.
Still, it was a fun experience, I just would like to get out of the eating part next time! What made it worse, was the time spent eating counted for your team's overall time, so I had to stuff them in my mouth so fast it was crazy. Gross.
Anyway, here are some pics:

Hanging out at Joel and Jessica's before the race started
Go Team UDR!
Thankfully, no photos of me stuffing two Lamby Joes in my mouth!








3 comments:
is that mrs hunter? what a small world! looks nausea inducing!
I can not believe you did this. Lambies? Seriously?
I am beyond laughing right now. I'm attempting to read this aloud to kody while in a fit of giggles!! This is too funny!!
Post a Comment