Ellie is completely obsessed with princesses right now, and of course, she specifically requested a princess party for her birthday. So, not wanting to be a slacker of a mother, I decided to throw a bash for all her little friends, bake a cake, get balloons, etc. Of course, Daniel had to work, so I was on my own with preparations and party, but I figured I'd be fine. Mostly it was, the cake was a little tenuous (I genuinely hate icing cakes or working with a pastry bag for any reason), but it came out ok, and Ellie was happy, so I guess that's all that matters!
Here are some pics from the big event:
The "Twinkly" (as Ellie called them) tables (I misted them with glitter hairspray left over from Halloween)
Some Fancy Food...
The Cake: (Don't look too closely... the icing was slipping so badly off the top of the doll, that I thought I was going to have to bill it as a Maternity Princess!)

Blowing out the candles... hard to believe there's already 3 of them!!



She wore that dress all day (along with some glass slippers she got from grandparents), and even to the hospital that night when we took some birthday cake to Daniel. We were getting a lot of looks while we walked down the halls, but she didn't even blink. That girl LOVES to dress up and play with princesses. Happy Birthday to my Sweet Ellie!
Zero
Two










4 comments:
okay, why did that make me cry??? Is it that she is already 3, or the fact that Daniel has to work so much, or just the fact that I'm almost 45 and my kids are grown? You are a wonderful mother!
Oh, brother! The way you were describing it, I was expecting to see an extremely dissheveled sheet cake that had "Happy Birthday" written on it. That was amazing!! Great job!
so cute rands--good job on the cake, you're too critical on yourself, it looks amazing!
happy birthday to Ellie!
ok- that cake is amazing!! good job with the party- and all by yourself! I can't believe how big she is. I remember riding to church with her as a little baby just like it was yesterday! Happy birthday, ellie!
love,
jeanie
Post a Comment